Last week I found some Elmo underwear for Kenna at Target. I washed them and just intended on showing them to her and getting her used to the idea of undies. So Friday night I was folding them (yes, laundry is a common Friday night activity) and gave her a couple pairs to check out. You would have thought it was Christmas morning. 'Melmo, Melmo, Melmo!' Much to my surprise she tried to put them on over her pjs but we convinced her to wait since it was close to bedtime. Instead she just slept with about 4 pairs.
Of course she woke up with those undies in her bed and insisted on putting them on after her bath...with no diaper. Ryan and I played along and asked her 4,000 times if she had to go potty. Every once in awhile she would say yes and we'd go sit on the potty with no luck. Then...after she was getting down from the potty she looked at me and said...'no Melmo', climbed back on the potty and went #2! Unfortunately, Kenna and I had to leave after that so we had to put a diaper on.
I think if we really tried we could probably make some progress. I'm just not sure I have the energy at this point and don't want her to regress when the baby comes so we might as well wait.
Monday, May 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment