Ryan got the baby's room painted this weekend! Now we (meaning Ryan) just have some furniture assembling and rearranging to complete. Kenna seems to be sleeping better so we might attempt to turn her crib into a daybed. I have a feeling that will be a nightmare but better now than in 4 months when her sister arrives.
We started a new rule at our house this weekend. Every time we change Kenna's diaper we are going to sit on the potty for a bit. She seems okay with this for now. Sometimes we sing the Itsey Bitsy Spider and she likes that. She was soooo close to pooing on the potty Sunday! Instead she waited for a clean diaper. Oh well...I have to remind myself it's going to take awhile. Daddy needs to get on board with the program too. He told me Kenna woke up with a dry diaper on Sunday so I asked him if he sat her on the potty. Apparently the thought never crossed his mind!!!
The littlest Brooker seems to be a mover and a shaker, much like Kenna. I love feeling the baby move and can't wait until Kenna sits still long enough to feel it for herself. 127 days until she arrives!!!
Monday, February 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
There's a potty book that we got at Target that worked like a charm with Jenna. It's especially for little girls and it has a button you can push that makes toilet flushing noises. I know it sounds crazy, but we would read that to her while she was sitting on the potty and she would go!
We have that book too. Just make sure you get the one that is for girls otherwise Kenna will be super confused when you get to the part where it says, "and we stand up to go pee."
Post a Comment