Friday, August 28, 2009

Freeze

Last night I went out with friends and when I got home, Ryan told me about all of the funny things Kenna did last night. We just laid in bed and laughed. It is amazing how much laughter that little tot brings to our house. One minute I want to spank her butt for biting me in the back, intentionally throwing food on the floor or turning the tv on and off and the very next minute, she is giggling at her own reflection or hugging one of her babies and all I want to do pick her up and squeeze her.

She can be quite a little stinker these days but I just want to freeze time. When Kenna knows she is doing something wrong, she will yell or say something in order for us to look at her and then we catch her in the act. She has a look on her face like 'what did I do?' For example, this morning I am folding laundry and hear her in the corner. I turn to look and there she is pulling on the plant...almost like she wanted me to catch her. Of course, I go over to her, crouch down and tell her no. Then come the tears(she is very sensitive) and instantly I feel like the meanest mom in the world. Luckily, she gets over her tears quickly.

She's got her Daddy figured out. When she hears his truck, she'll stop what she is doing and head to the door to greet him and is ready to play. Talk about a big softie, I will have to be the disciplinarian at our house.

Earlier is this week when it was raining, she wanted to go out on the deck so bad. I wouldn't let her but she weaseled her way out by squeezing though the sliding door. I had to laugh at her literally just dancing in the rain. I just cannot believe the things she knows how to do and how big she is getting. I kind of wish she'd just stay at this age...

No comments: