Last night marked our very first trip to the ER with Kenna. Around 6:30pm, Kenna was holding Peanut (her stuffed doll thingy) up against our fireplace and she slipped, whacking her head just right on the corner. It was one of those silent cries that is more painful for me than Kenna. She calmed down fairly quickly considering the huge goose egg and deep purple line on her forehead. I will openly admit, I panicked a little. We decided we should at least call our pediatrician. The nurse called back almost immediately and without asking many any questions, said we should take her to the ER.
So we packed up and headed to Methodist. As usual the doctors and nurses there were amazing. They were excellent with Kenna and very thorough. The doctor assured us she would be perfectly fine so she ate and was asleep by the time we got home.
I should have taken a picture today but didn't get a chance. It looks better than I was expecting but still pretty nasty.
Tuesday, July 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment