For those of you who knew me in the good old Simpson days, I'm sure you can remember my love for Mountain Dew. Not Diet Mountain Dew either! I look back on the amount of pure junk I ate (and drank) during college and am disgusted with myself.
When I got pregnant I started to really pay attention to what I was putting into my body. At that time, it wasn't for me though. It was for the baby. Well just recently, I've become somewhat of a health nut. Partly because I work with a bunch of health conscious people. After hearing them talk about how bad diet pop is for you and how much fat is in pretty much every thing I consumed on a daily basis, I decided it was time for a lifestyle change. I've always worked out but never really paid attention to what I was eating. This time was different and I actually thought about what I was eating.
I signed up for Live Healthy Iowa and we did the Biggest Loser challenge with Ryan's family. (Congrats to Marty by the way who won with ease!) Since then I've lost about 12 pounds which really isn't much but I can definitely tell that I feel better all around.
I've kind of forced Ryan into this whole healthy thing but I think he's started to take more interest. I look at it as good for everyone, especially Miss Kenna. I figure she needs us around for at least a few more years so we should do our best to stay healthy if not for ourselves, than for her.
The eating part really isn't fun but I've started to use a website that tracks everything you eat for you and tells you all the nutritional information. For anyone who might be interested the address is: www.mypyramid.gov.
Thursday, April 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You inspire me b/c I don't know that I could ever give up my sweet tooth??? HOwever, I'm trying really hard right now to move in that direction! Good Luck!!
Good for you Angie!!! 12 lbs is a great start! Keep up the good work.
Post a Comment