Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Mid Week Update

One of my blogger stalkers mentioned that I hadn't posted anything since Sunday. Guess we haven't done much exciting this week! The past couple days we've had Kenna outside a little bit after work. She loves to watch Rowdie run around. Hopefully, they become best buds.

Kenna seems to be over her cold/ear infection. She is as happy as ever. Very chatty too. This might be the best age. Every day there is something new! She also seems to be starting to think that her mom isn't so bad after all. Daddy is still #1 but I'm making a comeback.

Speaking of Ryan, his eyes are almost 100%. He goes back today for his final check up.

I almost forgot something big that we've been doing at our house this week. Since the first of the year, Miss Kenna has decided she does not want to sleep all night and wakes up crying. Well, being the researchers that Ryan and I both are, we did some investigating and realized she needs to be able to put herself back to sleep on her own instead of us giving her the pacifier or picking her up. In order for that to happen, we need to get her to fall asleep on her own at bedtime. So, we started putting her down awake and letting her cry. The first night was tough but I only had to go back in 2 times to pat her back and tell her I loved her. The second night I never went back in and last night, it was only once. AND she slept through the night!!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it was just that easy!

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

We play music for our kids and that seems to help. Maybe you could try something like that?

Anonymous said...

geez who is stalking your blog?! :)