Monday, February 23, 2009

Eczema

Well, it is official, Kenna has her mother's skin. Yesterday morning I put Kenna in the middle of the floor and went to her room to put some clothes away. As I was walking back out into the living room, Kenna burst into tears. She had been scratching her neck and it was now bleeding. I felt so bad for her I almost cried.

That little rash under her neck has good days and bad. The powder we had gotten at her last check up only seemed to make it dry and itchy and wasn't helping. So I called the nurse again and she thought we should bring her in yesterday. I swear we go to the doctor about every other Sunday.

Our pediatrician was the one working so it was good we got to see him. After a closer look, he concluded she has a little eczema under her chubby chin. Luckily, he told us some over the counter meds first and if it doesn't clear up in a couple days, he will give us a prescription.

It looks a little better this morning and if she can keep her hands off it, I am hoping it clears up. I know first hand how itchy it can be though.

1 comment:

Gregori Family Blog said...

Oh Ang, I do feel your pain on this. Cale had eczema and food allergies, diagnosed at 6 months old. I wanted to cry a lot cuz it looked painful.