Why will my child not sleep?! Last night was the 6th night in a row that Kenna woke up 2 or 3 times crying. Most of the time, I'll go rushing in there and realize that she's not really awake...just kind of crying in her sleep and rustling around. So I pat her bottom a little bit and she usually goes right back to sleep.
Then there are times when I go in there and she is WIDE awake. The last couple nights we decided to feed her. I know, I know. We don't want her to get in the habit of waking up and eating but the kid is starving! She's not usually a good eater so I try to get as many ounces of formula in her as I can, whenever I can.
At first we assumed she wasn't feeling well. Now we are thinking this might be some kind of growth spurt or that she's teething but we need our sleep! We've been so spoiled by her sleeping through the night since 6 weeks or so. Ryan and I have both been struggling the past few days.
Tonight I'll try a different eating routine with her and try to feed her the "real" food closer to bedtime instead of right when I get home.
That reminds me...Kenna LOVES carrots....is not so sure about peas....and hates the pears. Does that make sense? I thought for sure she'd love pears but she literally almost made herself throw up yesterday. I know we probably shouldn't laugh when our 5 month old is gagging but it's so dramatic that it's funny!
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Good thing she likes carrots...keep her eating those. We don't want her to have your horrible eye sight!!
So sorry honey.
It is not easy being a parent and it is so very hard to tell what they want when they are so little.
She may be teething and that alone could change her sleeping pattern.
I noticed that her face seems flushed and that is a good sign of her maybe teething.
Good luck and hopefully you guys can get some sleep soon.
Mom
Haha, dido Karla. Sounds like Kenna eats like her mom too :)
Post a Comment