Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Winter Weather

We got a little snow yesterday and it sounds like tomorrow will be interesting. I absolutely hate my commute from Altoona to West Des Moines in the winter. Between the bad roads and idiot drivers, it's a mess out there. My new ride seems to do ok on the ice and snow though so far.

Last night Ryan let Rowdie in for a minute so Kenna and I went to see how she was recovering. She looks pretty good and has put some weight back on. Her poor little ears have some frostbite though. Rowdie and Kenna checked each other over for quite awhile. Kenna doesn't seem phased by dogs yet so hopefully she is a dog lover...unlike her mother.

Kenna's new thing while I am holding her (or anywhere near her) is to look at something, check it out and then look at me. For example, she would look at Rowdie, then look up at me, look at Rowdie, then look at me. I'm not sure if she wants to see my reaction or if she just want to make sure I'm there. It is super cute though.

What is not so cute is when her dad is gone all day long and then when he walks in, she lights up like he is the coolest thing in the world! It is cute, but I also find it annoying. I am the one who has been with her all day, fed her, changed her and played with her and all I get is the occasion smile and giggle. But Daddy walks in and she turns into the happiest baby ever! I don't get it.

Kenna seems to be expressing her emotions more and more lately. She can be somewhat impatient and demanding...not sure where she gets that from? :) I took her to daycare earlier this week and she looked so sad when I was leaving. I told Ryan that I am very glad I am the 'picker upper' and not the 'dropper offer.'

No comments: