Sunday, December 28, 2008

Croup


Kenna showing off her girlish figure! I'm not sure why she has started to have bug eyes in all her pictures. Her dad and Aunt Missy have a tendency to have bug eyes in pictures too.

Last night at my mom's Kenna started coughing but actually it sounded more like barking. It kind of freaked us out. She didn't sleep well but that isn't unusual for her when we are on the road. She seemed better today on the way home although she did seem to be wheezing a bit.

I was going to wait and see how she was doing in the morning but someone told Ryan that it could be croup and when left untreated, could be bad news. So I called the nurse at our doctor's office within an hour, we were there. He asked us a few questions and knew right away it was croup. Of course, earlier I had promised Kenna no shots and that is exactly what happened. She got a steroid shot. Poor girl. She did really well though. She went to bed early so hopefully she gets a good night's rest.

I'll post more about Christmas soon.

No comments: