Thursday, November 20, 2008

Grocery Store

I'm thinking that we might take Kenna to the grocery store tonight. I usually leave her home with her dad or wait until after she goes to sleep. The one time I took her was chaos. It was right after the new Hy-Vee opened up and my mom was with us. My mom LOVES grocery stores so she was checking out every square inch of our new store while Kenna was having a slight meltdown in her car seat. I ended up having to carry her while trying to push a full cart with one hand. Of course everyone wanted to stop and talk to her or ask questions. It was the longest trip ever to the grocery store!

One thing is for sure, Kenna needs a bath tonight. Technically last night was bath night but since I was out with friends for dinner, it didn't get done. That is one thing that Ryan won't attempt on his own yet.

On a side note, I think Kenna's older cousin (by two months), Kyla, taught Kenna a bad trick when she was here visiting. We put Kyla in the bumbo seat to give it a try and she would arch her back trying to pop herself out of the bumbo seat. Just this morning Kenna was trying to do the same thing. Of course Ryan quickly pointed out that he could rig something up to keep her from flopping out. I don't think she's quite strong enough to escape yet but I'm thinking we should not allow her on the counter anymore.

Also, Kenna woke us up again with her nonstop babble this morning. If it wasn't so damn cute, I would be annoyed by the fact she was up at 5:30am.

No comments: